INTRODUCTION TO ISLAM
- [Video] The Deen Show – a talk show that introduces many of the basic teachings of Islam and addresses common misconceptions.
- [Book] The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Islam– Yahiya Emerick, Ignore the title, it’s actually a decent clear-English guide to explaining what Islam is about and it’s practices.
- [Video] The Purpose of Life – Khalid Yasin, gives a comprehensive lecture on the fundamental question that every human being must ask: “What is the purpose of life?”
- [Web] What is Islam? – Jamaal Zarabozo, if you’re looking for a more brief introduction to the fundamental beliefs and practices of the Islamic faith, then try this free book.
- [Audio] Guide for the New Muslim – Jamaal Zarabozo, a convert with experience, explains the general understanding of Islam and some of the basic practices in this extensive 12-part talk. Alternative link: (http://alsiraat.co.uk/audio/guide-muslim-12-cds-sh-jamaal-zarabozo)
- [Book] A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam – I. A. Ibrahim, contains proofs that the Qur’an is the literal word of God along with scientific miracles in the Qur’an with illustrations.
- [Video] Foundations of Islam -Hamza Yusuf, discusses Quran compilation & preservation, articles of faith, ihsan, and the signs of the Last Day.
- [Video] Understanding Islam Video Series – Abdal Hakim Murad, discusses the Qur’anic view of Christianity & Jesus, historical Muslim tolerance of Jews, free will vs. determinism, the problem of evil, etc.
- [Web] Quran – The Noble Quran in various translations.
- [Book] Quran – Abdel Haleem, if you’re looking for the Quran in book form, this one is written in clear and extremely simple English that makes it easy and pleasurable to read.
- [Book] The Message of the Qur’an – Muhammad Asad, another Quran in book form. This has helpful commentary to provide a more thorough understanding.
- [Web] Ma’ariful Quran Commentary -Mufti Muhammad Shafi, advanced commentary that you can read alongside the Quran translation for better clarity. Downloadable in 8 parts here: (http://www.maarifulquran.net/index.php/maarifulquran-english-pdf)
- [Audio] Bayyinah Quran Commentary Podcast – Nouman Ali Khan, highly recommended audio commentary of the last 37 chapters of the Quran. Entire Quran commentary with BayyinahTV purchase.
- [Book] Approaching the Qur’an: The Early Revelations – Michael Anthony Sells, captures the complexity, power and poetry of the last chapters of the Quran.
- [Web] Tafsir Ibn Kathir – Ibn Kathir, classic commentary written by 14th-century scholar. Extra link: (http://quran.cc/)
LIFE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD
- [Video] Biography of Muhammad (pbuh) Video Series – Yasir Qadhi, detailed, very lengthy biography video series. [A condensed video series here: YOUTUBE
- [Book] Muhammad Man and Prophet – Adil Salahi, a Complete Study of the Life of the Prophet, from birth in the Arabian desert to the triumph of Islam and its gaining a permanent hold on Arabia.
- [Book] Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources – Martin Lings, very detailed and thorough biography based on the earliest sources. Recommended by many, (but relies on a few unauthentic sources).
- [Audio] The Life of the Prophet Muhammad – Hamza Yusuf, brilliant narration that was originally presented in a twelve week course based on the above book by Martin Lings.
- [Book] Muhammad (Critical Lives) – Yahiya Emerick, a simple concise, informative biography.
- [Book] In the Footsteps of the Prophet: Lessons from the Life of Muhammad – Tariq Ramadan, presents the main events of the Prophet’s life in a way that highlights his spiritual and ethical teachings.
- [Web] The Sealed Nectar – Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri, Popular and accurate account of the life of Muhammad (pbuh). Alternative link: (http://www.kalamullah.com/sealed-nectar.html)
LEARN TO PRAY (SALAH)
- [Web] Prayer Booklet – Easy and concise guide that explain the prerequisites and actions of prayer. Goes well with prayer videos below.
- [Video] Step by Step Guide to Prayer – Video explains the necessary steps needed to pray.
- [Video] How to perform all 5 prayers – Demonstration of all 5 mandatory prayers.
- [Web] How Do I Pray? – Interactive tutorial of all 5 prayers. Includes English transliteration.
- [Web] Prayer Mat – Contains all the necessary Arabic sayings that are needed for prayer. Print it out and place in front of you for ease. Convenient!
- [Web] Prayer Times – Online tool for calculating prayer times based on your exact GPS location
- [Web] Mosque-Finder – helpful tool that lets you locate your closest mosque in the Western world.
- [Video] An Introduction to Hadith – Jonathan Brown, 1 hour introduction to the narrations of Muhammad (pbuh). [Some controversial questions about hadith answered here : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL979894AE2F616801
CHRISTIANITY, JUDAISM AND ISLAM
- [Video] How the Bible Led Me to Islam – Joshua Evans, former Christian youth minister conveys his journey to Islam.
- [Book] The Cross & The Crescent – Jerald Dirks, former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church explains how coherent Islam is with the roots of Christianity, provided with verifiable proofs.
- [Video] Early Christianity From Jesus to Muhammad – Jerald Dirks, discusses the roots of Christianity and the transition to the emergence of Muslims.
- [Book] MisGod’ed: A Roadmap of Guidance and Misguidance in the Abrahamic Religions – Laurence Brown, examines Judaism, Christianity, and Islam for truth in revelation, and trace the chain of revelation to its logical conclusion.
- [Video] Misquoting Jesus in the Bible – Biblical scholar, Bart Ehrman discusses Bible inaccuracies and how certain Christian beliefs, like Trinity, developed over time. His book ‘Misquoting Jesus’ here.
- [Book] The Quran: With or Against the Bible – Ejaz Naqvi, systematically analyzes and compares the similarities in the paths of guidance the two scriptures have bestowed upon mankind.
- [Book] Understanding Islam: A Guide for the Judaeo-Christian Reader – Jerald Dirks, holds Master’s degree in Divinity from Harvard University, offers a timely correct alternative to understanding Islam.
- [Book] The Road to Mecca – Muhammad Asad tells of his initial rejection of all institutional religions, his entree into Taoism, his fascinating travels as a diplomat, and finally his embrace of Islam.
- [Book] The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X – Malcolm X explains his journey which leads him to Islam. Arguably the best autobiography in the English Language.
- [Book] The Islamophobia Industry: How the Right Manufactures Fear of Muslims – Nathan Lean, Using terms like: “stealth jihad,” “creeping Sharia,” “Islamofascism,” and other techniques used to scare the public are discussed.
- [Book] Who Speaks For Islam? What a Billion Muslims Really Think – John L. Esposito, what do the world’s Muslims think about the West, or about democracy, or about extremism itself?
- [Book] Losing My Religion: A Call For Help – Jeffery Lang, a professor of mathematics, discusses his trials with the Muslim community in America.
- [Misc] Order Literature & Visit Mosque – WHYISLAM.ORG – (USA) WhyIslam provides free literature, can help arrange a visit to a mosque and can answer questions you may have by online Chat.
ATHEISM AND ISLAM
- [Video] The Purpose of Life – Jeffrey Lang explains how he came to Islam after being an Atheist.
- [Book] Even Angels Ask: A Journey to Islam in America – Jeffery Lang, a former atheist, takes the reader along the path by discussing conflicts between faith and reason.
- [Book] Struggling To Surrender : Some Impressions of an American Convert to Islam – Former atheist, Jeffery Lang, gives a personal account of his search for God when he found out that his inherited religious beliefs could no longer answer his questions.
- [Video] From Strong Atheist To Islam – Tim, a former atheist used to debate religious people and tried to convince them that there is no God, until he met a Muslim.
- [Video] God: Delusion or Truth? – Hamza Tzortzis & AbdurRaheem Green, how can we prove the existence of God and what this means for humanity.
If you have any question Visit: http://uwindsormsa.com/dawah/